I can still hear most things; do I have to decide right now?
Improved hearing can keep you healthier.
How do I choose the best hearing aid for me?
1. Choose your STYLE
MYTH: Discreet hearing aids are more expensive than bulky ones
There are a number of hearing aid styles to choose from. You have very tiny ones that fit neatly into your ear canal up to larger ones that fit behind your ear. Our audiologists will assist you to make the right decision for your lifestyle and preferences.
- The size of the hearing aid can determine what features it has available. For instance, the tiny one inside the ear does not have a volume control button, while the larger ones might have that function.
- Even “larger”, behind the ear hearing aids are still small and mostly undetectable with their thin tubes.
- Most hearing aid companies offer a variety of hearing aid colors to choose from.
2. Choose your TECHNOLOGY
All modern hearing aids have built-in algorithms to detect and focus on speech in a noisy environment. The programming ranges from basic to finely tuned hearing aids with additional features to make speech as clear as possible.
Most hearing aids can be programmed to different listening environments, e.g. restaurant, quiet at home. You can select these with a push button on the hearing aid or from an app on your smart phone. Some hearing aids have artificial intelligence, which automatically detects the listening environment and adjust the hearing aid accordingly.
All modern hearing aids have the capability to connect wirelessly to other smart devices. Some need a special adapter and others can connect and stream directly to your smart phone, smart television, laptop, etc.
Some hearing aids can also be programmed remotely, reducing the need to see an audiologist face-to-face.
Most hearing aids have built-in tinnitus maskers. This feature allows for the audiologist to match the masking sound to your tinnitus, which could reduce your perception thereof.
3. Choose your BUDGET
There is a wide range of hearing aids available, making it easier to find something that will suit your budget. Take note that:
- The technology used in hearing aids improve constantly, allowing entry level hearing aids to perform better than most clients expect.
- Most medical aids will fund your hearing aids in full or only require a co-payment.
- New hearing aids usually have a 24 – 36 months guarantee.
- Hearing aids can be insured to cover loss or damages.
Can’t afford the hearing aids you need?
Hear2Talk have partnered with Reconnect Lifestyle to offer you a financing solution for your hearing aids.
Just like a cellphone contract, you can now apply for financing over a three-year-period.
Reconnect Lifestyle aim to make hearing aids more affordable, from as little as R372.90 per month. This includes insurance and full manufacturer’s warranty.
Please note that Hear2Talk is not a financial institution. We assist with your application at Reconnect Lifestyle.
“Hearing makes me happy…”
4. Have fun HEARING
Before you make your final decision, you have the option to request a FREE* trail of your chosen hearing aids. You can take them for a test drive, with NO OBLIGATIONS, and decide whether they suit your lifestyle.
- Are they a comfortable fit?
- Can you operate them easily?
- Do you hear your loved ones in all your normal listening situations?
- Can you hear the sounds that you have missed, like the birds chirping?
- Do you enjoy your control over the sound (e.g. volume)?
- Is it easy to integrate and connect it to the rest of your life, like your cellphone?
*T’s&C’s: The trail is absolutely FREE if the hearing aids are returned in the same condition that they were issued in, within the arranged time. You are responsible for the replacement value of the hearing aids, if they should be damaged, stolen or lost while in your care. The duration and number of trails will be up to the discretion of the audiologist.